The Adult Family Living (AFL) – is a program that helps pay for those that provide care and live with the elderly. This program was created by the State of Connecticut for those who are taken care of by their friends and family. This program allows the caregiver to stay in the client’s home or the client stays with the caregiver in their home.
- Is at least 65+ and receiving benefits under CHCPE and the PCA Waiver program..
- Client must reside in Connecticut.
- Client and direct caregiver must live in the same home.
- Client must need assistance in at least one ADL (bathing, grooming, toileting, dressing, etc).
How it Works
Once a referral is made to the CHCPE or the PCA Waiver program, a professional will determine which of four levels of care is needed based on the complexity of the care needed. After approval, DVH provides you the caregiver and client:
- 24×7 support and case management.
- A tax-free stipend.
- Customized care plans.
- Nurses for support calls and visits.
- Home safety assessment.
- Educational training.
What type of care is covered?
There are four levels of service, depending on the care recipients’ need:
- Level 1: Individuals who require cueing or supervision to perform Activities of Daily Living (ADL), and who may also require management of cognitive or behavioral challenges.
- Level 2: Individuals who require hands-on assistance with two or more ADL’s on a daily basis.
- Level 3: Individuals who require hands-on assistance to perform three or more ADL’s or two ADL’s and assistance for the management of co-occurring challenging behaviors or cognitive deficits.
- Level 4: Individuals who require hands-on assistance to perform four or more ADL’s or three ADL’s and assistance for the management of challenging co-occurring behaviors or cognitive deficits.
Make a Referral:
Call or Text 860-510-3959 to learn more!