Geriatric Social Worker – Min. 3 yrs. Experience
Deeper View Homemakers & Companion Services LLC
Geriatric Social Worker (Part-Time)- Min. 3 yrs. Experience jobs in Waterbury, CT
Deeper View Homemakers & Companion Services LLC is seeking a Geriatric Social Worker to join us in our mission to of Courtesy and Affordability is our Hallmark. We provide older adults with quality non-medical care that enables them to live happier, healthier lives at home. Our services are distinguished by the competence of our Caregivers, the responsiveness of our staff Care Method. We embrace a positive, balanced approach to aging centered on the evolving needs of older adults. To learn more about our company, please visit our website: www.dvhomemakers.com
To inquire about this position, please contact Josephine Ahiati at 860-510-3959 or 888-208-8655
The Geriatric Social Worker is a key point of contact for clients primarily responsible for ensuring the quality of ongoing care. The Geriatric Social Worker will oversee care plans, ensure proper oversight and represent Home Care Assistance with clients and stakeholders as well as referral partners in the community.
Geriatric Social Worker’s Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Client Care
- Speaking with prospective clients during the intake process, explaining our services, differentiators and scheduling assessments
- Conducting assessments with prospective clients, gaining an understanding of their needs, addressing their questions and concerns, building relationships with their families and converting them into our clients
- Providing active care management for our clients to include regular home visits, management of our care plans and support for our clients’ needs
- Ensuring that our caregivers are adequately trained to deliver client care as outlined in the care plan
- Providing extra support for new client cases, including home visits within the first two weeks of service, to ensure complete client satisfaction
- Working with the staffing team and/or scheduling caregivers to ensure high quality service delivery and ongoing client satisfaction
- Overseeing the evolution of client’s needs to ensure the care plan is updated as needed
- Providing after-hours support for our clients, referral partners, caregivers and prospective clients including some weekly, monthly and yearly on-call management responsibilities.
- Providing fill-in caregiving duties on open shifts if necessary.
2. Network Marketing
- Actively follow-up with potential and active contacts in our community
- Maintain a record of interactions
- Represent Deeper View Homemakers at local industry and community events
- Manage campaigns
- Continually resupplying referral sources with promotional brochures and books.
- Participate in caregiver training and orientation
- Maintain employee morale and oversee employee processes through phone and in-person communications
- Ensure compliance with Deeper View Homemakers policies and procedures and documentation
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in gerontology, psychology, nursing, health and human services, or related field.
- Degree in social work or related field or current licensed registered nurse.
- Two years’ experience in geriatrics and/or care management. Other professional human services experienced considered.
- Ability to interface effectively and professionally with client committee, including family, physicians, attorneys, etc.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in sales a plus
By joining our team of professionals, you will provide a valuable service to our clients, partner with health care professionals and help to improve the lives of our seniors. If working in senior care is your calling, apply for this position to work with our elite company within the Home Care Industry.
With this position, we offer:
- A competitive wages
- Quarterly Bonus Opportunities
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Volunteer Time
- Cell Phone Allowance
- Sales: 2 years (Preferred)
- Social Work or Nursing: 3 years (Required)
- Geriatrics / Care Management: 3 years (Required)
- Microsoft Office Software: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- United States (Required)